Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Bridesmaids Gifts That Don't Suck

It was quite the struggle trying to come up with gifts for my bridesmaids. Your bridesmaids are supposed to be some of the most important women in your life...so one of your priorities should be showing them appreciation by giving them well chosen bridesmaids gifts.

I often come across various discussions on the Chocolate Brides Messageboard in terms of bridesmaids gift suggestions. Some women feel that bridesmaid gifts should correlate with your wedding budget. Others feel that the more your bridesmaids help you with wedding planning, the more money you should set aside for their gift.  Well, if that was the case, I shouldn't have given my bridesmaids a damn thing. Nevertheless, I don't think that there's any right or wrong way to give a gift.  But I do subscribe to the belief that your bridemaid's gifts should be truly meaningful.  Here are a couple of my fave bridesmaid gift suggestions:



Gift Gards - They're practical, useful, and easy to buy.


Personalized Bathrobes - With a little bit of research, this can be a decently priced option

Personalized Tote Bags - Another inexpensive option if you know how to bargain shop


Fragrance Gift Baskets - I have literally lost my mind up in the Bath & Body Works store during their annual clearance.  You can get 43 million bottles of stuff for $17.00 if you can catch em.

Squared Locket Keychain - How cayute is this? 



Spa Treatments - No elaboration needed here.






7 comments:

Mrs.Tiye said...

MAN ain't nern one of my bm's deserve that stuff....but I want that wristlet for my daggone self.

Netta said...

I def. think that if your bridal party helps you out then your gift should reflect that..WHILE still staying within your budget..
I also think that if your BM are your close friends then they understand your financial situation if you can't get that wristlet....

Lexus Events said...

Nice gifts

Le'Trice: LEPENN|DESIGNS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trini~Lily said...

I was a BM in two weddings and didn't get anything. I felt special just being asked, but I love the personalized totes. That makes it extra special.

Divine Diva said...

Although I am (just got) married I like the personal tote. Can you help a sista out and tell me where I can buy one? They look stylish enough and big enough for me to tote all my goodies.

Annell Jones

Anonymous said...

We have over 2000 great gift ideas for any occasion, Dragons,Buddha statue, Faeries, Decorative Picture frames, Fantasy Fairies, candle gift set,wind chimes,door curtains,glass candle holders,collectables,garden gifts only on citrine star gifts. Get your best gifts today