Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The DO NOT FORGET list


I remember being temporarily insane on my wedding day. I mean, I darn near blacked out. (seriously) Even though I spent almost a year planning my wedding, every 2-3 minutes, I felt as though I was forgetting something. You must remember that planning and preparation prevents piss poor performance.

Here's a small list of the DO NOT FORGET items that you may find helpful. (in no particular order)

Written vows or poem to be presented

Wedding gown

Veil and headpiece

Additional headpiece for reception (optional)

Special bra, panties

Special slip

Extra hosiery

Shoes

Gloves

Jewelry

Make-up, perfume

Nail polish and file

Curling iron, curlers

Comb, brush

Hairspray, extra bobby pins

Mirror

Toothbrush, toothpaste, breath mints (an absolute must)  lol!

Iron or steamer

Garter

Penny or sixpence

Bible, hanky, etc

Ring pillow

Flower basket (if not being delivered by florist)

Going-away outfit

Going-away undergarments

Going-away shoes and hosiery

Accessories, jewelry, etc.

Wedding night bag (placed in get-away car)

Honeymoon suitcases (placed in get-away car)

Ceremony Program (Basket for Programs)

Ceremony Decorations (Pew Bows, Framed Pictures)

Unity Candle & Tapers

Marriage License

Fee for Officiant

Basket or Container to Hold Money Envelopes

Scotch Tape  

Guest Book and Pen (bring extra pens) 

Place Cards, in Alphabetical Order

Cake Knife

Toasting Flutes

Favors

Emergency Kit

Updated Guest List (definitely more than one copy)

Wedding Broom

Since we're on the topic of forgetting stuff, maybe I forgot an item or two to the do not forget list.  :)  Feel free to add yours!

No comments: