Friday, July 25, 2008

Hubby Luke

Luke Campbell, former frontman of 2 Live Crew, heard wedding bells instead of beatboxing on Saturday as he and Kristin Thompson tied the knot in Dallas, Texas.

"I waited 47 years to find a special woman and have found that in Kristin," Campbell tells PEOPLE exclusively. "I never knew that I could feel love on another level like this until I met her, and I am now honored to call her my wife."

The stars of the upcoming VH1 reality series Luke's Parental Advisory tied the knot in front of 300 guests at Saint Luke Community Methodist Church, followed by a reception at the Opus Grand Ballroom at Hotel Palomar. Thompson, 27, who serves as general counsel for Campell's company Luke Entertainment, wore a wedding gown by Monique Lhuillier.

Doug E. Fresh deejayed and performed, keeping guests, including Arizona Cardinal Edgerrin James, on the dance floor until the early morning. Soul singer Betty Wright serenaded the happy couple. Their first dance was to Brian McKnight's "Back At One."

Campbell and Thompson met at Jerry's Deli in Miami Beach two years ago. He proposed to her on Halloween last year. This is the first marriage for both. Campbell has two children from a previous relationship.

Luke's Parental Advisory premieres Aug. 4 at 10:30 p.m. EST. The wedding will be featured on the season finale in September.

Source: People Magazine

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looks good for 46! Congrats to them!

N. Nicholes said...

I'm surprised that I am saying this, but he looks really NICE!

Congrats to them both. All I can think of is the song Put Em on the Glass...

Is that bad?

Netta said...

WOW..who woulda thunk that Luke would settle down??!!
He looks nice and they look happy!! congrats!!
I will check out his show..hope you do a review when it comes on
~Netta

Mrs.Tiye said...

eww....

Lexus Events said...

Congrats to the couple

SouthernBelle said...

Congrats to them!