Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A Second Chance At Love



I can't possibly be the only one who's doing cartwheels over the upcoming nuptials of Malinda Williams & Jill Scott.  I'm so giddy until it's somewhat sickening. I don't know how to explain it. Maybe it's the idea of being young, beautiful, black and in love. Perhaps it's the way they smile uncontrollably whenever they're asked about their upcoming marriages.  Or maybe it's the constant negative stereotype of black women of only being capable of being a 'BABY MAMA' that is making me extra happy that Malinda & Jill are receiving a second chance at love.  

I've read a few ridiculous commentaries on the net that ask readers if Jill is getting remarried too soon or if Malinda's fiance will be a better husband than her previous. I say, why can't we just be happy for them instead of trying to be psychic? *rolls eyes

Congratulations to them both!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree 100% with you when love calls you open your heart and welcome it!