Friday, February 27, 2009

India Arie...New Album...New Man...New Attitude



The very beautiful, talented India Arie is gracing the cover of this week's Jet Magazine.

India talks candidly about how she grew weary competition as well as the need to have her music categorized, and, as she calls it “the politics of the music industry.” “I was planning on what to do with my money, what I would do to make it grow. I really was going to retire,” she told Jet magazine.

“I’ve learned that music is a challenge, not a competition. I released the fear of chart positions and album sales, and reconnected with the love of music and the love of the listener and the love of myself again.”

India has a new man in her life who helped her come to this realization. Congrats India! Love is something else, aint it?

No comments: