Saturday, March 7, 2009

Chocolate Brides Makes It To Oprah's Radio Network!



Well...

What can I say.

I was (and still am) in TOTAL & COMPLETE shock.

The phone rang and the caller ID said, "HEARST". Hearst is the company that publishes O Magazine. I am VERY familiar with Hearst because I've only been stalking them for the past 4 years or so trying to get them to buy into Chocolate Brides Magazine.

LONG STORY SHORT....Gayle read the Daily News article and was interested in having me do an interview the following day. I fell out. I rolled around on the floor....I laughed....I cried....I was a mess.

I had JUST taken out some braids that were 3 months old and my hair was LITERALLY a mess. I hadn't planned on perming for a couple of days to give my scalp a rest....but suddenly, I found myself running up the street to get my hair done cause I didn't want to scare the beejeezus out of Gayle.

FAST FORWARD....

Although I am a 'communicator' by trade...and I am no stranger to the 'lights, camera, action' of a broadcast studio....I thought that I would be horribly nervous. But believe it or not, I don't think I've EVER been so calm and relaxed. My heart didn't skip a beat...I didn't sweat...I felt beautiful...I even felt thin like in as a size 6 thin. (don't ask me about that one) I was so unbelievably calm. I had NEVER FELT this type of peace. EVER.

We arrived early. I drank some green tea. I thanked God for the opportunity. When they called me into the studio, I picked up a couple of copies of the CB Magazine to show to Gayle, and skipped down the hallway to meet Oprah's best friend.

We hugged. We smiled. We chatted like 2 old girlfriends. I exhaled...and before I knew it, it was over.

Bottom line....without YOU...there is NO CB. So I want to thank YOU...the CB... for making that interview possible. I have already claimed in the name of JESUS that that opportunity will blossom into something even bigger and better than anything that my imagination visualize. This aint about me OR Eugene.....It's about YOU. The Chocolate Bride. The reader. The supporter. Thanks for riding with me. I promise that wherever CB takes me....I'm taking you with me. Please continue to keep CB in your prayers!

Click HERE to listen to the interview!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, that is big time!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much!