Monday, June 9, 2008

Who Woulda Thunk It?


Whoa.  Who in the world would have imagined that a 'fist bump' - or what I have always referred to as 'dap' - could have caused so much freakin' attention.  I mean...the amount of news stories that surfaced the day after Obama's victory speech the night he clinched the democratic nomination was absolutely unbelievable.  Have you googled 'fist bump' lately? Amazing, aint it?

We came across a blogger who had a humorous take on the whole fist bump thing.  Here's an excerpt:

So don't panic A-merry-ca, it's cool. The fist- bump thing is par for the course, and it won't affect the way the "O" man does his job. And this president will play basketball instead of golf, and he might like to break out a little EWF on the West Lawn now and then. It's all good. "Oh damn there goes that Barrack blaring his stereo again, I told you this would happen as soon as we let them move in." [For those of you who will send me e-mails telling me how crass I am and to stop stereotyping, and making jokes at the expense of our race. Save them and get use to it. Because if the "O" man does win and become POTUS, you are going to see a whole lot more.

A brotha in the White House? Yeah I could fist-bump to that.


Our take on this infamous fist bump? Pure coolness.  She has his back...and he has hers. LOVE IT!

(but is it really that serious?  LOL!)


2 comments:

Chef GaNeane - The Femme Foodie said...

Yea, I am kinda tripping on this too..I mean this is REALLY such a big deal? I swear..sometimes White America just kills me on the things that they think are SO significant!

Anonymous said...

I agree. They act like it's something soooo significant, well in a way it is, it shows all of America a black couple that truly loves each and has one another's back!!!