Monday, July 14, 2008

Cute Vs Comfort

9 times outta 10, if you live in New York and you ride the subway, you will see at least one stylish, sassy yet sophisticated professional woman dressed in her Italian business suit.  Look at her feet, and you'll see a pair of 10 year old Reeboks. When I was younger, I didn't get it. NOW, I do. Big time. Those Reeboks are probably by far the most comfortable shoes in her entire closet. 

I absolutely HATE having my feet hurt. HATE IT.  My dawgs don't always do so well in a pair of heels - which is why I absolutely didn't hesitate to wear a pair of flip flops on my wedding day. A lot of brides frown at the idea of paying a ton of money for a wedding dress and being tacky by wearing flip flops or wedding sneakers on your feet.  I say, who cares? The only one who really knew that I had them on was my husband -  and he didn't know until he went searching for the garter.

If you prefer cute over comfort, this blog entry aint for you. But if your bunions throb at the THOUGHT of 3 inch heels, you need to consider wedding sneakers or flip flops!  PERIOD!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im with you, cant stand to have my feet hurting. And whenever my day coming, best believe I will be rocking some tennis shoes.

Netta said...

If my feet hurt then I am in a bad mood and it shows on my face!
I wore flip flops..but I did get married on the beach!!!:+)

Xsyntriq said...

Those sneakers are TOTALLY cute!

I can't stand (no pun intended) to be in foot pain. I learned a long time ago that, for me, heels equal painful corns on my toes and calluses on the balls of my feet. I'm also vain and can't/won't have jacked up feet. Especially down here in VA where a gal can wear sandals from April to November.