Monday, July 28, 2008

Michelle Williams Heartbreak

In the latest issue of Sister 2 Sister Magazine, Michelle Williams openly talks about the heartache of her broken engagement in 2004. I LOVE it when celebrities are able to talk about the things that are usually taboo. Yes...celebrities hurt too. (believe it or not) Her testimony will definitely help somebody who may be going through the same thing.

That's right girl....keep your head up!

"I had looked at wedding books. I was looking at venues and doing all those things that a person would do who knows they're gonna marry somebody. I bought the house and all that good stuff. Then it was like, no, that's not gonna happen. I think that was the worst hurt I've ever felt in my life. Nothing can help; food didn't help, trying to get with somebody else didn't help, family didn't even help. It was literally me praying for my heart to get healed, because, when I love, I love pretty hard and I put a lot into a relationship." The singer insists she's glad the break-up happened, because now she's much stronger for it: "I grew so much. I'm a totally different person because of it, but in a good way. A lot of people go through a bad break-up and they just become promiscuous...and they are bitter all the time, but, for me, that didn't happen. Relationships get very expensive... You try to fly on the red-eye (overnight plane) home, you try to spend time (with him). When I was overseas, I racked up a $10,000 cell phone bill....I'm not weary of it [getting married] at all. I do believe there is a particular gentleman out there for me who will come when I least expect it."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Michelle... Isn't she dating some actor now!

Lexus Events said...

Keep pushing forward Michelle! Your Mr Right will show up.

Netta said...

Keep ya head up girl!!!

I love that she shared that..people need to know that the famous don't have it all figured it out either!!

~Netta

Trini~Lily said...

Wow..I didn't even know she was engaged. She definitely provided some encouragement for "regular" folks who have had broken engagements. When we look at celebs, we think they don't have their own heartaches.