Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Art of the Stiletto


sti·let·to
noun, plural -tos, -toes, verb, -toed, -to·ing.
–noun
1.
a short dagger with a blade that is thick in proportion to its width.
2.
a pointed instrument for making eyelet holes in needlework. –verb (used with object)
3.
to stab or kill with a stiletto.
[Origin: 1605–15;stylus) + -etto "true">-ette
So, after laughing for about a good half an hour about the definition of what we women see as a staple wardrobe item, I figured that I would post something about how to walk wonderfully in these types of shoes when you are having a backyard wedding, or a wedding where you will be around open areas on the ground (parks and the such), or on uneven ground (gravel). While skimming the internet looking for shoes for our brides to be on the Chocolate Brides website, I came across a picture of little supports for the heels of your shoes.
I am sure that if you google this you will be able to find it, but my searching led me to a site called http://www.thesolemates.com/. I am not sure how they work, but I am confident that they will make you a bit more sure of yourself walking on uneven ground.

6 comments:

Contentone said...

I need to purchase some of these ASAP! It will save my heels from getting messed up in the darn gravel at the ballparks.

Chocolate Singer said...

I just want to know if they can help teach me to walk in those heels. LOL

Anonymous said...

this is such a cool invention!

~ QT

Anonymous said...

I think the first time I ever saw stilletos was in the MOvie SIngle White Female when she stabbed ole boy in the eye. Those little cover things are cool. Whoever invented them are millionaires.

Netta said...

That is like the ultimate invention!! I can't wear stilettos but I bet they work just as great for regular heels!!

Chef GaNeane - The Femme Foodie said...

What a great idea...though I wonder how well they show up in photos?