Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Wedding Day Emergency Kits

We all know that we dream of the perfect wedding, but sometimes, not so perfect things may happen. Like a run in your stocking, or hair that just won't stay put AFTER your stylist leaves the premises (hint, keep your stylist around until after the formal after-ceremony photos!)

Here's a nifty list of things that you should keep close at hand just in case one of these emergencies arrives. And please, for the love of all things duchess satin and white, leave it with someone who is responsible enough to keep up with it - like say, maybe your planner?

For Clothing
1. Sewing kit with needles, thread, buttons, and safety pins
2. Toupee tape (for keeping clothes in place)
3. Scissors
4. Stick-on instant hemming tape
5. Clear nail polish (for runs)
6. White chalk (for masking stains)

From the Drugstore
1. Breath mints
2. Bandages
3. Blister protection
4. Antacid
5. Pain reliever
6. Preparation H (for undereye puffiness - told to me by a former beauty queen, now planner)

For Touch-Ups
1. Blotting papers
2. Cotton swabs
3. Tweezers
4. Emery board
5. Lip balm
6. Tissues
7. Hand lotion
8. Bobby pins
9. Comb
10. Lipstick
11. Powder
12. Small mirror
13. Nail polish in the shade you're wearing
14. Hairspray


If you all think of anything else, just leave it in the comments section for all those brides to be!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found that my little folder with all the vendor contact information was useful. And snacks are NECESSARY! lol.

Anonymous said...

I agree, by all means, EAT!! I forgot to eat but thank the Lord for my Matron of Honor who ordered two pizzas while we were getting ready. It really helped, especially since we didn't eat until 7 PM.

Anonymous said...

I made sure I had a bottle of water.

Anonymous said...

I had my cell phone up until it was time to get dressed. Talking to hubby all day really eased my nerves.

h.smith

Anonymous said...

One of those tide clean-up sticks... just in case

only1ke said...

Extra schedules in case folks get brand new and forget what they are suppose to be doing

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I didn't have an emergency kit. Probably would have come in handy.

Anonymous said...

We made one for my best friend...she has been married for 2 years and keeps talking about how glad she was to have had one.

Mrs.Tiye said...

Man I wish I remembered to make myself one of these!

N. Nicholes said...

Great add-ons ladies! Thanks for throwing out your ideas!

DAVESGIRL said...

Deodorant!!!

Anonymous said...

It's so funny you posted this, I saw one online for $45 bucks...wtf...DIY thank you very much!

Anonymous said...

I agree with water and snacks...I was STARVING and didnt even get to eat at the reception a snack wouldve been good to have while I was getting ready.

Anonymous said...

Wow this blog is very helpful. PrepH for undereye puffiness and walk chalk for stains!!! Who would have thunk it!!
-PRTYBRWNSKN